This month marks the 2nd anniversary of my blog
I spent some time reading through old blog entries and reliving memories of my time spent in Montreal and the months after I left. It’s crazy to see how much my writing style (and lifestyle) has evolved over the past two years. Not to mention the number of hits I’ve received. Even though I’ve written half as much in 2012 as in 2011, I’ve gotten nearly twice as much traffic! I guess it helps to have a significant number of archived blogs.
here are some of my favorite search terms that landed hits on my blog in the past two years:
I’ve linked to related blogs.
- extreme sports in canada
- shirtless larp
- asian nature
- am i addicted to my iphone
- james franco yellow poncho
- latin king died
- chess + bar
- shirtless accordion
- bike gazelle quebec
- craigslist montreal girl
- redneck fundraiser
- “need booty shaker”
- creek indian shell graves
- why do people keep de friending me
- who does photoshop
- types of cactus
- water tights ??
I’m not sure how they all relate. But then again, I’ve written about some random things.
I made some resolutions last year…lets see how I’ve fared.
You may recall around this time last year I made a few resolutions for myself and for my blog. I feel confident in saying I’ve accomplished numbers 2, 4 and 6 with about a B+ average. The fitness program I wanted to implement in #1 worked for a little while…until I started working all the time. This is another one of my goals for this year.
#3 I’ve only just begun working on. I’ve created an Etsy board on Pinterest and have been collecting ideas for my shop. I’ve just created a new Etsy shop specifically for vintage items, but I still have a lot of ideas for handmade items. I had intended to initiate this process much earlier on last year. Better late than never I suppose.
#5 I haven’t really stuck to. I have, however, been reading regularly, so I don’t feel like I’ve failed this one completely.
#7 Not a complete Fail, but close. It’s nice to think that I’ll find the time and discipline to update regularly with thought-out posts, but the truth is I don’t always make the time. This goal is back on my list for this year.
Here are my 2013 resolutions
- Work as a Set Costumer on more projects (hopefully several union projects in particular)
- Continue to watch as many films as possible
- Keep up my habits of giving away items I no longer use or need
- Post more items on Etsy, increase marketing efforts
- Get back into a fitness routine
- Read more (Kindle or otherwise)
- Get some poems published in (reputable) literary magazines
- Dedicate more time to my blog
- Guest post on other well known blogs
- Try to be more understanding and forgiving towards everyone